Monday, April 21, 2008

One Lucky Guy (Yeah that's me)

It's official, we are engaged!!! I couldn't be happier or luckier to have found three wonderful ladies that are willing to let me into their lives and family. (It looks like 70% of the votes were correct.)

Heres how it went down for the most part. Christina and I had been ring shopping, popping in and out of mall jewelry stores and eventually made it down to the Shane Co for the last month or so. After narrowing down the bands to two choices, she decided which one she wanted and I then ordered the ring and picked out the diamond. We will have to wait until the middle of June for the band to come into the store and then the diamond will need to be set. I'm guessing the time we were shopping for rings is what is called "Unofficially Engaged." Since Christina won't be able to show off the ring for a couple months, here is a picture of the one at the store.

So last Friday Christina made a wonderful dinner for us and we were able to sit down as a family and talk to the girls about our engagement, moving, living together, and how much we love each other. I explained to them how much I loved their mom and how much I loved them. I wanted them to know that I'm not only marrying their mom, but that I'm marrying and committing myself and my love to them also. I gave them an engagement necklace as a symbol of my committment to them. Christina explained to them the significance of the wedding ring having no beginning or end and what the what the ring means in terms of unity, wholeness, committment, etc... She explained how the ring on their necklaces symbolized the same. From what I could tell the girls understood what we had talked about and were happy, although they both had their own way of showing it. Ally was more straight forward and was able to expressed her happiness, where as Myah still had a little shield up and took a little bit longer to express her happiness. Ally wanted to try on the necklace immediately, and Myah wanted to make sure it didn't get ruined and kept it in the box it came in and then place it in their jewelry box.

I'm super excited to be able to spend more time with Christina and the girls. We'll keep you posted on whats going on with the wedding plans and future adventures. Did I mention that I'm one lucky guy!!!!

No comments: