Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Myahs 6th Birthday Party

Yesterday Myah had her 6th birthday party at Christina's house in Plain City.

There were about 15+ kids there, and everything went off without a hitch!!! Christina is so good with kids, they all listen very well to her and she is good at explaining the rules to the games we played.

The kids started off by playing find the "Pixie Dust" (aka the bag full of sugar), and the kids loved hiding it and telling the finders if they were hot or cold. Nate brought a beautiful Barbie cake for Myah and we all sang to her. The girls then gave Myah birthday tickles instead of spankings. It was pretty funny. We all enjoyed cake and ice cream, and thanks to Ally who made sure everyone had some and helped deliver it. Ally was such a good help at the party, and is a natural leader!!! We then open presents and then went outside to hit the pinata. I had a blast making all the kids miss when they were swinging. I think it was most of their first time with a pinata because they thought it should just stay still in the same place and I shouldn't move it. Little did they know, hahahaha. I'm thinking Ally needs to join a softball team because she has a great swing and knocked the head right off the donkey, even with me moving it!!!! The kids loaded up on candy, and then finished the party off by playing Red Rover and Duck Duck Goose until their parents showed up. We then went out to eat dinner and Myah got to wear a sombrero and have fried ice cream after dinner.

She also had birthday parties at both grandparents' houses over the weekend and had fun playing games and celebrating with all her cousins, aunts and uncles, grandparents, and other family.

I'm looking forward to many, many, many more birthdays with the girls. I really enjoy doing stuff with them and being a part of their lives. I don't know if I can tell them enough that I feel so lucky that they have let me into their family and I'm looking forward to many more good times to come!!!!

No comments: