Monday, February 9, 2009

Jory and the Wall


Just to clear my own record of having anything to do with Jory's recent trips to the ER, I thought I would tell the real story of Jory's forehead. Believe me, I would claim it if I did it, it's a good one!!!

The scar, about a quarter inch to the left of the seven stitches, happened at the first of November. Jory had got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. Since men can not aim in the dark, he turned the light on, took care of his business and then walked out of the bathroom turning the light off on his way out. Now because his eyes were adjusting to the dark, he couldn't see a thing. I suddenly wake up to a huge WHACK!! sound. Jory flipped on the light and said he had just walked directly into the door frame of our bedroom. I took one look and saw a huge gash on his left eyebrow. He was not too happy about getting up and going to the ER. There they merely glued it together and sent him on his way.

The Wall 1, Jory 0.

So about a week ago, the girls were getting ready for bed . I was downstairs cleaning up a little and trying to make the bedtime routine from dragging out too long. Jory was upstairs cleaning up a bit too. He took Ally's shoes that were left upstairs, and while standing at the top stair, he bent around the corner and threw them all the way to the basement. I was mad because the shoes almost hit me. Then I hear WHACK!!! and Jory cuss. I didn't know what was going on. I run upstairs to see Jory with a bigger gash on his eyebrow, this one longer and deeper. Apparently he turned after he threw the shoes and whacked his head on the sharp corner there.

The Wall 2, Jory 0.

We were hoping he could just go to a clinic to have it taken care of, but after a wild goose chase to find one open, he ended up back in the ER with 7 stiches this time.

Now I am in the market for a helmet for him, or a house with rounded corners. I love you Babe!!

2 comments:

Jory said...

I do think I need a helmet or at least padded walls.

Sharilyn said...

You need to update this with the dotted j.

You know Jory, don't be surprised if there's a helmet in the next white elephant party... or perhaps for your birthday.